What to expect of these conference?
As part of our advocacy and Capacity Building activities, we are organising 4 regional conferences to share the results of our research and discuss with stakeholders about what conclusions to take from them, what ways we can implement to improve the international student housing situation.
The events aim to bring together stakeholders within the field of student housing and international students in order to exchange best practices and learn from the European-wide research the HousErasmus+ project has been undertaking in the past year. The event will be in an interactive setting, exploring the latest results of the project research and what policy recommendations can be made for your country and region about student housing and international student support. Participants will come out of this event with more knowledge and a better network to strengthen the work their organisation and country does to help international students.
As a result of this dialogue, we hope to create a better picture of good practices in student housing, an awareness of the obstacles and develop a forward-looking approach, discussing the policy changes that universities, cities, student organisations and housing providers can adopt to improve the housing situation for international students.
This event will give a unique chance to meet with all stakeholders in the field of student housing, helping participants better understand other stakeholders’ perspective as well as increase your network. Student and university representatives will spend the first day in a workshop to learn about best practices that could be implemented to increase the support provided to students. The second day will be a chance to participate in a conference with policy-makers and housing providers from the region and gain additional insights on this field.
The provisional agenda for each conference is as follows:
Here you can find a downloadable pdf version.
Day 1 - Students and Universities
|08:30 - 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 - 09:30||Welcome + Opening Ceremony|
|09:30 - 10:30||Presentation of the HousErasmus+ results + Feedback session from the participants|
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 12:00||Case Studies|
|12:00 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 14:15||Discussing the potential actors: The power of thinking outside the box.|
|14:15 - 15:00||Discussing the different models of partnerships: traditional vs innovative models.|
|15:00 - 15:30||Coffee Break|
|15:30 - 17:00||Creating recommendations|
|End of day 1|
Day 2 - Students, Universities, Housing Providers and Policy Makers
|08:30 - 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 - 09:30||Opening Ceremony (30min) + Presentation of the project results|
|09:30 - 10:30||Panel: The specificities of the housing market in the North and Baltic region: Challenges and opportunities|
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee break|
|11:00 - 11:45||Interactive Session on best practices|
|11:45 - 13:00||Panel: What can the rest of Europe learn from the region's best practices?|
|13:00 - 13:15||Closing of Conference|
|13:15 - 14:15||Networking Lunch|
*The agenda is subjected to change. A more detailed agenda will be sent out to all conference participants.
Participation at our conference can take two forms:
- Funded participation by our project grant from the European Commission
- Self-funded participation
In both cases, you will be asked to register so we can plan for your arrival and make sure there is enough seats for everyone.
Funded participants are identified by the project management team. Several criteria are taken into account:
- Regional Balance (we want representatives from many different countries to atend our conference)
- Membership in one of our organisations (ESN, EUF, CGU, UNICA) or with one of our associate partners (CNOUS, DSW, Uniplaces. HousingAnywhere, etc.) is a plus but not belonging will not disqualify you.
- Number of international students hosted by the university (impact is very important for us and we want to reach people dealing with the largest number of international students)
We usually send invitation to a first round of stakeholders identified by us to participate and depending on the remaining budget and confirmation rate, we open the remaining spots up for funding for other interested parties. Contact us if you are interested in being considered for funding and we will get back to you asap.
What we fund:
- Travels to the conference from your home until the hotel (up to 230 euros - with public transports, economy/2nd-class tickets)
- Food and catering during the conference
- Hotel room
- Keep the original of your train/plane tickets, we will need them for reimbursing your travels
- We directly take care of hotel and catering so you don't have to worry about that.
- Reimbursements will happen within a few weeks after the conference provided we receive by post the original of your tickets/receipts and a filled reimbursement form that will be shared with you at the conference or shortly after.
Registration are done through a form on this website.
For the sake of logistics, we are not making the link public as we need to ensure that anyone registering has been approved for funding or has already confirmed (s)he would come self-funded.
Should you be interested in registering as a self-funded participant, just Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the registration form link. If you want to be considered for funding, write an Email to the same address to express your interest and we will comc back to you asap.
Thank you for your understanding.
The HousErasmus+ team